NFS Payback or Need for Speed Payback is the successor to 2015’s Need for Speed that served as the reboot of EA’s long-running franchise’s. Borrowing from the likes of the Fast and the Furious movies, and past entries such as Need for Speed Most Wanted, it’s a far cry from the glut of simulation racing games we’ve recently seen, such as Gran Turismo Sport, Project Cars 2, and Forza 7. Here’s everything you need to know about NFS Payback, from release date and system requirements to the car list, and more.
NFS Payback release date
Need for Speed Payback’s release date is November 10 for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The last game’s PC version was delayed for a year, so getting it on PC along with the rest is a good development.
How to play Need for Speed Payback early
While the official release date for Need for Speed Payback is November 10, you can play it earlier thanks to Origin Access and EA Access — EA’s game subscription services on the Xbox One, and PC respectively. It’s available on both from November 2, letting you play the game’s multiplayer and its first two story missions. Another option is the Need for Speed Payback Deluxe Edition. Purchasing this allows three-day early access, from November 7.
NFS Payback download size
Need for Speed Payback is around 17.81GB on the Xbox One and PS4. As for the PC version, you’ll need 30GB free. Not too bad considering the 90GB requirement of Call of Duty: World War 2 on PC.
NFS Payback system requirements
Need for Speed Payback minimum PC system requirements
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or later
- CPU: Intel i3 6300 @ 3.8GHz or AMD FX 8150 @ 3.6GHz
- RAM: 6GB
- Hard drive: 30GB
- Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850 or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 2GB of memory
- Online connection requirements: 192kbps or faster Internet connection
According to developer Ghost Games, this configuration allows for gameplay at 720p (1280×720 pixels) at 30 frames per second at low settings.
Need for Speed Payback recommended PC system requirements
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10 or later
- CPU: Intel i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz or AMD FX 8350 @ 4.0GHz
- RAM: 8GB
- Hard drive: 30GB
- Video card: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 4GB of memory
- Online connection requirements: 512kbps or faster Internet connection
According to developer Ghost Games, this configuration allows for gameplay at 1080p (1920×1080 pixels) at 60 frames per second at high settings.
Need for Speed Payback price
Need for Speed Payback is priced at Rs. 3,499 on PC for the standard edition, and Rs. 4,799 for the Deluxe Edition. Like all EA games from 2014 onwards, there will be no PC release on disc, or even code in box like WWE 2K16. Instead, you’ll have to buy it via EA’s digital storefront — Origin.
Looking to buy Need for Speed Payback digitally on the PS4? It’s Rs. 3,375, with the Deluxe Edition setting you back by Rs. 4,499. As for Need for Speed Payback on the Xbox One, you’ll have to pay Rs. 3,500 for the standard variant, and Rs. 4,800 for the Digital Deluxe Edition.
Internationally, Need for Speed Payback is $60 for the standard edition across the PS4, Xbox One, and PC, while $80 nets you the Need for Speed Payback Deluxe Edition.
Meanwhile buying Need for Speed Payback on disc in India on the PS4 or Xbox One is Rs. 3,999.
Need for Speed Payback editions
Aside from the Need for Speed Payback standard edition, which is essentially the game on disc (or as a digital download) there’s the Need for Speed Payback Deluxe Edition.
Need for Speed Payback Deluxe Edition content:
- Up to three days of early access
- Story mission pack
- Exclusive Deluxe Edition NOS Color (can be applied to five cars)
- Exclusive Deluxe Edition License Plate
- Exclusive Deluxe Edition Leaderboard Icon
- Five percent rep bonus to make progression smoother
- 10 percent discount on in-game purchases
- Platinum Car Pack, including: Chevrolet Camaro SS 1967, Dodge Charger R/T 1969, Ford F-150 Raptor 2016, Nissan 350Z 2008, Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport 2016 and exclusive platinum blue tire smoke. Yes, EA is making coloured tire smoke — which should be a free in-game feature — available for those who buy the Deluxe Edition. It’s only in the standard edition if you pre-order.
Need for Speed Payback pre-order bonuses
If you pre-order the Need for Speed Deluxe or standard edition you get the Platinum Car Pack.
Need for Speed Payback Platinum Car Pack contents:
- Chevrolet Camaro SS 1967
- Dodge Charger R/T 1969
- Ford F-150 Raptor 2016
- Nissan 350Z 2008
- Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport 2016
- Exclusive platinum blue tire smoke
NFS Payback car list
Don’t expect anything close to the 177 cars in Gran Turismo Sport or the 700 plus cars in Forza 7. Need for Speed Payback has a much smaller number of cars. All of 74 to be exact. Here’s the entire list:
Will you be playing Need for Speed Payback? Let us know via the comments.